Bush Theatre
EXCERPT: "Imagine every predictable situation and grossly unsophisticated and hackneyed reaction to it, and you have this piece."
Summary
Newly redundant middle-aged
middle-Englander Dave press-gangs his prudish teenage son into a wild trip to
Thailand that changes both their suburban lives forever. Gay love, straight love, trans
love, buddy-love, drinking games and dad bods. Fasten your safety belts, it’s
gonna be a mad one!
Thoughts
I don't mean to be too harsh, but I'd say the only thing I enjoyed less than the acting was Thomas Wright's writing. Imagine every predictable situation and grossly unsophisticated and hackneyed reaction to it, and you have this piece. I would have dropped the script like a hot potato had I read just the first page of it - because that first page tells you everything you need to know about what's going to happen in the rest of the script and how cringingly and crassly it's going to be executed.

No comments:
Post a Comment